statcounter

Monday 16 February 2009

Whernside - another pic


Mike from the Go4awalk website took a bunch of pics on our recent Whernside "walk". This is one. If it's Ok with him, I'll post some more cos they're better than the ones I took....


But this is Whernside...y'know - the Three Peaks Peak. Its not somewhere up yer Cairngorms, its Whernside. Whernside!!!!!
This was a big snowdrift on the way down.... you had to slide down it.... I wish more winters could be like this - its 10 Centigrade now. Is the winter finished? (Not likely.....)


Anyway, I like the pic cos I look a bit relaxed and the snow looks a bit pure and white and cosy somehow.
And I've got me Aldi goggles on....

2 comments:

Phreerunner said...

Nice one Mike.
Exemplary ice-axe technique! I'm sure Gayle will be impressed...

Mike Knipe said...

Thats the only reason I do it, Martin.... a few more follow in a new post.....

we're very proud...