statcounter

Friday 28 October 2011

One Two Three Four Five

I may already have posted "Making Plans for Nigel (Ooweeyoo)"

I have a Saturday Afternoon Special walk at Barnard Castle tomorrow afternoon, then I'll be off for the train to Halifax (Where the wife has gone with superdawg tonight, so I'm left at home with two autistic cats) - and a family do at Embsay Sunday - for several birthdays including mine, my son's and my grandson's. Its not quite my birthday yet.

And its nearly November, which always seems like the end of the walking year to me, so I'm in the middle of making plans (for Nigel oweeyooo). Plans will include a Pumlumnon backpack, possibly the TGO Challenge, if I'm selected, Cadair Idris and other nearby hillocks, Dartmoor, South and central Wales hillbagging, the South Downs Marilyns and two weeks near Harlech for a rematch.

And I'm considering something spooky for All Hallows...... oooer.....

And I must sort out that competition we had.....

One two three four five...

3 comments:

markswalkingblog said...

Looks Like you are going to a busy Man!
BTW - English Settlement by XTC, one of my favorite albums of all time.

Anonymous said...

I have just drifted past your HARDEST PUB CRAWL on WALKERS FORUM.
I suggest you google a web site.
www.garydickson.co.uk/pubs.html

bluebeard
(also waiting 4 a Challenge invitation ! )

Mike Knipe said...

Mark - XTC always remind me of Huddersfield. Strange but true.
Bluebeard - thats a useful list. I think I've seen it before, but it may have been updated becasue I don't remember Wales being on the one I saw - but the appearance looks familiar.
2012's TGO challengers have been decided, apparently. Some people know. Others (like me), don't, cos we didn't go to the Scottish gathering. We have better weather booked this time.