statcounter

Saturday 19 August 2017

Nee Knews or On Hedleyhope With Knee Cap (apols to Tykes anthem about Ilkley Moor)

DSCN1808

It’s getting better all the time…  but not quite there yet. There’s going to have to be some more blood tests I think.

In the meantime, I’ve been bashing away tring to get my mileage back up to something reasonable.

DSCN1804

These are the efforts so far – all walks/hobbles in the company of Lucky The Dog.

10 August 2 miles on Hedleyhope Fell : – couldn’t walk after this (dhuhh!)

13 August 2 more miles on Heldeyhope Fell with Mrs Pieman

14 August 3 miles to Howden-le-Wear and back. Found a wild apple tree (wild? it was furious….  I pinched some apples and used them for apple sauce a few days later)

DSCN1805DSCN1806DSCN1807

15 August 7 miles at Druridge Bay with Dawn. No contours to speak of. Walkhighlands  optimistic estimate of 80 feet of ascent. Had a dip too…

16 August 5 Miles around Crook and Roddymoor. Ate many blackberries.

DSCN1809DSCN1811

17 August 8 Miles from Silverdale with me Bruvver. Also 1000 feet of contours. Some difficulties with high step-ups (no scrambling yet, then) and downhill over rough ground.

DSCN1815DSCN1816DSCN1817DSCN1824

Anyway, we’re off for a couple of days in Swaledale just now. Hopefully, I wont be requiring a rescue….

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Tha's da'ing good Mike.

Quinn said...

Glad to hear the knee is getting better!

Sir Hugh said...

The peep-hole on the knee thing looks interesting.

That looks like a "proper" dog. I used to have a characterful Springer.

If you're ever in Arnside/Silverdale again you (and the hound) would be welcome for a brew if I'm about. Let me have an email address and I will send you contact details.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the blackberries will help. Pebbles swears by them.

Unknown said...

Just don't talk of contours. I never do and it's always stood me in good stead. Or stead me in good stood. One or the other.