statcounter

Sunday 14 December 2008

Plans and plans and a picture of Trex












Here’s a picture of Trex the cat relaxing in front of a nice warm Yuletide fire.
As its virtually the end of the year – (the amount of daylight starts to increase after next weekend – yippeeee!) – I thought I’d plan my stuff for next year, so I had this big session with Excel spreadsheets and maps and lists and here’s what I think…
Ive just joined the Backpackers Club, so I’ll try a couple or three of their meets early in 2009. These are in the Peak, Northamptonshire (no, really…??!) and Arkengarthdale. Then, of course, there’s the TGO Challenge in May, with a practise walk in April around Wanlockhead(ish)… and the TGO English gathering at the Snake Inn.
And I thought I’d plan a short winter few days in the Southern Highlands with me ice axe and stuff….
And a week in Brecon/South Wales for the Beacons and other things local to those hills. And another two weeks in October based somewhere like Harlech for the bagging of many Hewitts and Marilyns…
A summer Munroing week in Glen Etive/Grey Corries/Mamores.
I thought I’d bag some Birketts, specially Knipescar Common, and, I’ve never been to Pen on the side of Scafell Pike – and some local HuMPs and some Cheviot Deweys, and even more HuMPs and Marilyns in the Borders and Dumfries and Galloway. Plus my usual local Weardale/Teesdale/Tynedale/Swaledale things. And whatever else shall arise, probably in the form of various holes in Tynedale with Brian (currently suffering from something that needed lancing, that its not possible for him to view without a mirror – if you catch my drift. Anyway, it’s a very painful hole, apparently, so he’s out of commission for a while).
And that’s about it. Each of the first six months seems to have some time away from home. Its going to be fab.
In the meantime, it snowed again last night and today’s dog walk had to be extended to take advantage… Oddly enough, I got a bit lost just after it went dark and ended up with some horses trying to muscle the dogs out of the way….
And, also in the meantime, I’m planning something special for yer actual Yule on 21 December. But you’ll have to wait to see what that is. I hope it snows, though…

2 comments:

Becky Boo said...

Ah, bless. Trex all cosy on a chair that hasn't been seen for a year!

Mike Knipe said...

Trex seems to have taken a dsilike to cold and frosty nights and now spends them tucked up tight. Must be getting old...

Have you seen Eddie Izzard as Mr Kite yet?