statcounter

Monday 18 October 2010

Competition Winner – The last top


ingleborough from crina bottom
We have just the one correct answer to the what-will-be-my-last-Yorksire-Dales-2000-foot-top competition.
The plan is that on the very next Sunday I will park the knipemobile at Clapham and walk over Moughton Scar to Alum Pot. From there I will climb Simon Fell and walk along the ridge to Ingleborough and then back to Clapham using the Gaping Gill path.
So, the answer is “Ingleborough”
And the winner is unknown, but whoever it is lives in North_east England (no, it’s not me or any of my relatives) and works for the NHS and has a blog with the name http://jayzspaze.blogspot.com/  Nice blog, though…..
If J would like to email me, using the email address in my profile, and provide a postal address where he would like his spanking new merino wool buff sent, I will put it in the post.
Congrats to J.
If it all goes badly wrong and I don’t make it to the summit of Ingleborough, then I’ll be wanting it back. (Only joking)
Some people got the right walk and suggested that Simon Fell would be the last one, but I’m saving the best till last, see?

8 comments:

AlanR said...

I can't believe that you have never done Ingleborough! What a B.......
I would have bet a Merino buff on it being Simon Fell.
Ooops i did do, didn’t i, and lost. Ha.
Well done J.

Mike Knipe said...

Well, I have done Ingleborough, Alan, in fact I once did it eleven times in a day (fell search in the 1980's) but I haven't been there since October 2009 when I started Y dales 2000 series of blog posts.
Simon Fell was a very good guess , though (Been up there before too!)

J_on_tour said...

Thanks very much... the least I can do to show my appreciation is to become a follower of this blog after popping into your page on a number of occasions. J

For readers looking in at these comments and then checking me out !!!...... & wondering about my mixed up stuff, I have a varied themed blog but my outdoor credentials are : - I am a 214 Wainwrighter (forsaken all else for a time) with a handful of Welsh Munros and a few more Scottish ones. I currently like the idea of the Yorkshire peaks at the moment which I have neglected ( like my tent ! ) in previous years, hence my interest in this blog. Other hills and walks I have covered are in Northumberland, the Peak District, Somerset and Shropshire. I am in a Yorkshire walking group that do mainly easy to moderate walks (social reasons...and hoping to do something higher at some point) and I host a walking group amongst close friends ( mainly easy... to inspire them!).
Sorry to ramble on as it's not my page.

Mike Knipe said...

Thats OK James, plenty of space..... The Buff is on it's way. (Or at least it will be tomorrow...)

J_on_tour said...

Hi Mike, just thought I'd let you know that the Buff arrived safely today... Once again, thanks for your generosity & I look forward to wearing it, cheers J

Mike Knipe said...

OK J - posted at Nenthead yesterday... You appreciate, of course, that if I fail to get up Ingleborough on Sunday, I'll be wanting it back....

J_on_tour said...

I wondered why I was given your address !
I've every confidence in you & I've also sorted sundays weather !..... Now I'll just go and check my map to see if I can find you the easiest route possible....just make sure that you don't visit Gaping Gill area before the summit... oh dear, you have my address, then again, I'm safe as no-one will know it's me ..... I have a new disguise !

Mike Knipe said...

Clapham - Alum Pot - Simon fell - Ingleborough - Gaping Gill is the route.
The forecast is quite good. I have new gloves.... the dog is all wound up... hopefully the Clapham toilet attendant won't recognise me....